Ayurveda (“the wisdom of life”) has influenced other natural healing systems like homeopathy. Ancient Ayurvedic texts include oil pulling practices that are based on the prevention of illness, maintenance of health, and balance in one’s life. They also incorporate various techniques that include changes to one’s thinking, lifestyle, and diet.
Inspired by these philosophies, Terra & Co. developed a powerful natural mouthwash blend of plant-based ingredients like MCT oil, coconut oil, peppermint, vitamin E, and a dash of activated charcoal to naturally whiten teeth and detoxify the entire mouth. Just a single sip of pure oil swished once a day can transform your oral health and improve your overall wellbeing.
Our mouths are full of diverse bacteria that are coated in a lipid (fat) membrane. When exposed to the fats in the Brilliant Black Oil Pulling, the bacteria bind, releasing it from the body when discarded into the trash. Say buh bye to toxins your mouth absorbs through the foods we eat and the environments we live in! And say hello to healthy, moisturized oral care you can swish.
Made in small batches, Terra & Co.'s oils are always shipped fresh and have a shelf life of 24 months from the fill date listed on the bottom of the bottle.
Clean formulation without water or harsh chemicals:
- MCT Oil: contains more fatty acids than plain coconut oil which makes it highly absorbable, trapping harmful bacteria and reducing plaque formation. Unlike solid coconut oil, MCT oil always stays in a liquid form making it easier to swish around the mouth.
- Coconut Oil: our mouths are constantly exposed to acidic foods and beverages. A regular re-balance is a great way to support oral health. Coconut oil’s alkaline pH values of 7 to 8, make it a great aid to hydrate, nourish and never strip an acidic mouth. It's also rich in lauric acid, a substance known to be highly effective against cavity-causing bacteria.
- Activated Charcoal: in combination with lauric acid from coconut, this powerful powder is effective in removing tough surface stains and brightening your pearly whites. Clinically tested for low abrasives and safe for even the most sensitive teeth.
- Vitamin E: saliva is your best friend and completely vital for a healthy mouth. This natural antioxidant promotes saliva production and reduces bleeding gums and inflammation. A true reliever of dry mouth and morning breath.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: Long-lasting subtle mint taste derived from the flowers and leaves of the peppermint plant. A key beneficial oil in reducing biofilm on teeth.
How to Use
Brush your teeth and scrape your tongue using a tongue scraper as part of your usual morning routine. Remove the stopper and take a small sip (approx. 1 teaspoon) of oil directly from the bottle. Swish 2-5 mins (the longer the better!).
Discard oil into the trash. Do not swallow. Do not rinse. With the appropriately sized sip, our oil will last up to 4-6 weeks. Don't forget to floss and upgrade your toothbrush every three months.
Pro Tip: No need to shake the bottle prior to your sip!
Oil Pulling should serve as an addition to your oral care routine and should not replace daily brushing and flossing.
In our pursuit of being completely plastic-free, not all of our Oil Pulling packaging components make the cut. We're simply not there, yet. Please toss the plastic stopper and cap into your designated recycling bin. Our endlessly recyclable ultraviolet glass bottle not only works to preserve freshness but protects it from all UV/UVB rays. Once enjoyed, rinse thoroughly and discard into your designated recycling bin.
caprylic/capric triglyceride (fractionated coconut oil), coconut oil, activated charcoal, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, dl-alpha tocopherol acetate (vitamin e)